Wholly Pillow is exactly what it says it is: A pillow with a hole in the center to offer you a wholesome night's sleep. It's a multifunctional pillow that allows you to store your phone, books, memory foam and all your bedtime accessories without sacrificing comfort to your head and neck. Customize your arm position so you can take advantage of the super soft, air permeable pillow and wake up every morning saying, "WHOLLY cow that was a good night's sleep". Your wholesome sleep awaits.
After running a successful fabric business that's been passed down from generation to generation for 95 years, Kazuhisa Masuda, the third generation CEO of Maruju Co., decided it was time to finally find the solution to a personal problem he had: Getting a good night's rest while allowing his wife to use his arm as a pillow. The main inspiration behind Wholly Pillow is actually quite funny as you'll soon find out, and solves an issue a lot of couples seem to have while cuddling. With the idea of a multi-functional pillow that relieves stress to the arm while customizing comfort, Masuda set out to use the standards and ethics he's used for all his Maruju products to disrupt the pillow industry forever.
If you're the big spoon in your relationship, you'll know exactly how it feels to wake up in the morning with all blood circulation cut off from your arm. You love cuddling with your partner, but you also love having a fully functional arm that doesn't go into muscle spasms. How do you tell your beloved partner that your arm can no longer be their favorite pillow? We've got good news for you: You won't have to.
This was a fundamental problem for the creator of Wholly Pillow and his wife, so he decided to create pillow with a hole in the center to provide your arm with some extra cushion. Say goodbye to those running thoughts you have in your head about how you can slip your arm away without offending your partner. Now you can reap the benefits of a wholesome sleep and overload on that oxytocin while your partner cuddles next to you ALL NIGHT LONG. Talk about a win-win situation.
Providing you and your cuddle buddy with unlimited oxytocin all night long is just ONE of the many benefits Wholly Pillow has to offer. Here are some other ways this miraculous pillow will change your life:
- 1. You can literally store anything in the center of your pillow without sacrificing the comfort. Some examples would be your bedtime books, phone, snacks.... and of course your ninja sword to fight off the thieves in your nightmare.
- 2. Pour of few drops of your favorite essential oil onto a piece of cloth and place it in the center of your pillow so you can breathe in the zen all night long.
- 3. For extra warmth, place a heating pad in the center of your pillow.
- 4. Customize your comfort and neck position by adding memory foam to the center.
- Features a two-layer structure which increases extra softness and air permeability.
- Able to adjust the softness and height of the pillow by putting memory foam in the pillow.
- Customize your sleeping position by putting your arm or leg through the pillow.
- Store all of your bedtime accessories (books/phone/sleep mask/cushion/doll/etc.) inside the pillow without sacrificing the comfort or cushioning.
- Pillow's hollow center will hold your head in the perfect position during sleep.
- Cloth is made under OEKO-TEX standard CU846778, which is a guaranteed high level safety of product.
- Cover is made with OCS authorized 100% organic cotton.
- Cover is made by double netting/gauze method, which results in a very smooth, soft and pleasant feel.
Well like any great idea, it first started with a few sketches on a piece of paper. Here we showcase some of the steps we took to making the prototype of Wholly Pillow.
Next we find the perfect cloth to make the pillow. Our muslin products use natural materials, and they have a special softness that makes them gentle to the delicate skin. The muslin lets air breathe through these products easily, making them hygienic as well.
In order to meet The STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®, which is a worldwide consistent, independent testing and certification system for raw, semi-finished, and finished textile products, we use drinkable class A underground river water for our cloth production in order to ensure safety. Therefore we can guarantee you there is no harmful chemicals/substancesused in the production process. We get our grade A water directly from the Shonai river（庄内川) located next to our factory.
Once the cloth has been thoroughly cleansed, we put it through another inspection process to ensure extra softness and a high level of safety. Drinkable class A underground water is used during the whole production
All of our pillows are then hand-made by our wonderful employees. By supporting Wholly Pillow, you are employing hundreds of skilled crafts women in Japan.
The cushioning inside the pillow is made under OEKO-TEX standard, which guarantees a high level safety. The cover of the pillow is made with OCS authorised 100% organic cotton. Click here to learn more about OEKO-TEX standard.
With the OEKO-TEX guarantee, you'll feel safe knowing your family is cuddling with a pillow that's chemical-free, substance-free and stress-free.
We value the simple and traditional production method over the high-tech, modern day method of pillow making. We are proud to say that we employ over 150 women in Japan due to our dedication to quality. All of our pillows are hand-made in Nagoya, Japan.
I'm sure you've heard all about the benefits of a good night's rest. Yet you're still settling for restless nights and groggy mornings because you haven't found a pillow that will support your desired sleeping conditions. Well, we created Wholly Pillow because we genuinely care about your sleep. Here's why:
1. Sleep is restorative for the brain.
2. Too little sleep can lead to weight gain by altering levels of the hormones that regulate satiety and hunger, leading to overeating, overweight, and obesity.
3. Growth hormone is secreted during slow wave sleep.
4. Insufficient sleep is associated with a higher incidence of behavioral problems, especially attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
5. Memory consolidation occurs during slow wave sleep, meaning that the different pieces of what we've learned during the day come together coherently so that the knowledge can be accessed when needed.