The “stick anywhere...go everywhere” reading glasses!
Easily fits in your pocket, purse, wallet and more. You can even attach it to your phone!
As thin as two credit cards and lighter than a nickel!
Grip technology reading glasses fit everyone
"Some ideas come to us in a dream and some, like ThinOPTICS, during a long bike ride. My friend had forgotten his reading glasses. He was frustrated, and asked me to read a text message on his cell phone because he couldn’t see it. During the next twenty miles of riding, I developed the idea of putting reading glasses onto the backs of all cell phones."
- Teddy Shalon, CEO ThinOPTICS
The Problem With Reading Glasses
Every year, billions of dollars are spent to engineer ever more beautiful, high-resolution displays for our computers and phones, but few have put the same kind of energy toward reading glasses resulting in little evolution since their invention late in the 13th century. Today over 30 million Americans buy two pairs of reading glasses every year.
If you struggle with tiny text, you can increase the font size on your cell phone’s screen—but then you’re restricted to a keyhole view. Because your cell phone is always with you, we set out to develop thin, comfortable reading glasses that fit on the back of your phone. We’ve filled the innovation gap so that now your glasses are always with you.
Backed By Sophisticated Technology
At ThinOPTICS, we figured that it would take six months of development to make these glasses, but instead, it took over 30 months. Our challenge was to make our glasses fit comfortably. Not for 90%, but for 100% of all users. As we developed ThinOPTICS, we tested hundreds of prototypes on thousands of noses. Because ThinOPTICS has to work as well as your cell phone does, every single time you use them.
- Are ThinOPTICS comfortable?
- ThinOPTICS are extremely comfortable to wear because they weigh less than a nickel and they put only gentle pressure on the sides of the nose.
- Are ThinOPTICS durable? Will they break?
- ThinOPTICS are made from thermo-injection molded optical grade polycarbonate, which is shatter proof and frequently used in safety and ballistic (bullet proof) eyewear. The bridge is made from Nitinol, which is 10x more elastic than spring steel. The Nitinol bridge is encased in medical grade silicon tubing, and anchored in the injection molded polycarbonate frame. Still not convinced? Check out how we torture test ThinOPTICS in Sonoma, California in this video.
- How good are the optics?
- The optical grade polycarbonate used in ThinOPTICS is the same material that is regularly found in high-end Prescription Eyeglasses. Our lenses are made by one of the largest and most advanced optical lens manufacturers in the world.
- Why don't you offer more power options?
- Need help determining which optical strength is right for you? Click here. ThinOPTICS glasses are offered with the following optical strength options: +1.00 (Low), +1.50 (Low-Mid), +2.00 (Medium) and +2.50 (High). The Low covers a range +0.75 to +1.25, the low-mid covers a range of +1.25 to +1.75, the medium covers a range of +1.75 to +2.25, and the high covers a range of +2.25 to +2.75. You will want to choose the option that most closely matches your needs. However, since reading glasses are optimized for short-distance reading usage, you will automatically adjust the reading distance between your eyes and the object you are reading. Since ThinOPTICS cover optical strengths ranging between +1.00 to +3.00, nearly all people requiring reading glasses will find a ThinOPTICS option that suits them.
- Will ThinOPTICS fit my nose?
- ThinOPTICS have been designed to fit the vast majority of noses. They can be positioned higher up the nose to fit right in front of the eyes. For those with smaller or flatter bridges, they can be positioned to fit right above the nostrils. We have tested hundreds of different combinations of nose pad angles and widths to arrive at the optimal design for the majority of noses.
- Will ThinOPTICS remain securely on my nose?
- Under reading conditions, ThinOPTICS will remain in place. For many people, they will stay on for long periods of reading. The highly elastic bridge exerts a slight amount of pressure to keep the readers in place. We also use grip-sensitive paper on the nose pad contact area to prevent pads from sliding forward or slipping off.