Is it more than just a bag?
I have received a few comments that "surely any bag can be used to wash your clothes with a bit of swishing". While this may be true (given enough time), all other bags lack the Scrubba wash bag's flexible washboard. Washboards have been around since the 1800s, and they work. What's more, they speed up how quickly and effectively you can wash your clothes. As shown from the following link, you really only need rub an item of clothes across a traditional washboard 4-8 times (http://www.pioneerliving.net/washboard.htm). This is the same with the Scrubba wash bag, 20-40 seconds rubbing is all it takes and, unlike a traditional washboard, you can easily slip it into your backpack.
Background and how to use the Scrubba wash bag
As an avid traveler, I spent a total of 8.5 months backpacking around the world with an early prototype of the Scrubba wash bag without spending a cent on laundry. Furthermore, as the Scrubba wash bag allowed me to do my laundry anywhere water was available, I was able to travel with only a few changes of clothing in a carry-on sized bag. The Scrubba wash bag allowed me to travel clean, light and free.
The Scrubba wash bag results from the fusion of old and new technology, bringing the washboard into the 21st century. Washboards have been around for centuries and they work! However, washboards are cumbersome and still require a tub or large bucket to use effectively. The Scrubba wash bag is the perfect solution for washing clothing while travelling or camping as the Scrubba wash bag includes a highly flexible washboard in a flexible waterproof housing.
To wash clothing, users simply need to:
- add 2-4 litres of water, several items of clothing, a few drops of washing liquid (body wash or shampoo also works well);
- seal the Scrubba wash bag;
- expel air from the Scrubba wash bag through the valve;
- place the Scrubba wash bag on a table or the floor;
- rub the clothes against the flexible washboard from the outside of the Scrubba wash bag for 30 seconds to 3 minutes;
- Empty the Scrubba wash bag
- Rinse the clothing;
- Hang the clothing to dry.
As our slogan suggests: The Scrubba wash bag will allow you travel clean, light and free.
- As shown in the video, the Scrubba wash bag works quickly and effectively, meaning that not only do you smell and look clean, you have more time to spend enjoying your travels.
- The Scrubba wash bag will not be the straw that broke the camel's back. It only weighs around 160g and because it provides you with the freedom to wash your clothes whenever you want, you simply don't need to carry as many clothes, allowing you travel lighter.
- With the Scrubba wash bag, you no longer need to pay for laundry. In fact you no longer even need to find a laundry. This can save you a lot of money, particularly if you are travelling through Europe where it not uncommon to pay €5-€10 (that is $6.50-$13) per load in a hostel.