Through more than 5 years and 37 iterations, we've meticulously designed Maku sandals wherever life takes us—from city streets to light trails, and every place in between. We wanted a sandal that we could wear every day, walk in, travel with, and still have it come out the other side looking like new.
Our passion led us on a quest to track down some of the best materials and manufacturers in the world. We accepted nothing less than unmatched comfort, exceptional durability, and real versatility. Out of this (somewhat obsessive) journey was born the Maku sandals you see today.
And now, we need your help—to make something that was once only available to a few select individuals, available to the entire world. We appreciate your support and everything you can do to help spread the word and get people as excited and passionate about Maku as we are.
The Maku team - David, Hanane, and William
Maku sandals are designed to last and use proprietary tech to make sure your own pair can be adjusted in 3 different ways to fit your feet, just the way you like it. We need 50 orders for this hunt to succeed, so share this with your friends and join the hunt!
Designed and built to last for years, from some of the highest quality materials on the market.
We tested 50+ types of rubber to find the one that was the most abrasion resistant, flexible, light, puncture resistant, and that had a versatile grip, with just the right shock absorbance.
- White on Tan: 100% genuine premium leather footbed
- Red on Black: The footbed will either be made from an advanced 100% genuine premium leather with high color-fastness (i.e. color won’t fade or bleed), or an equally advanced material that has the same qualities as leather
- Black on Black: Has an anti-slip rubber footbed and is ideal for wet environments
Custom produced especially for Maku, the straps (laces) are made from a special nautical (boating) fiber that resists saltwater, sun, abrasion, lasts for years, and yet is still very soft on the hands of sailors. It looks and feels softer than cotton.
If you're familiar with the concept of planned obsolescence, then maybe you're as irritated by the practice as we are. Planned Obsolescence is the practice of intentionally and artificially limiting the useful life of a product at the design phase for the purpose of driving more sales.
Maku lives on the opposite end of the spectrum. We're great believers in the “Reduce, Reuse, Recycle” motto, live by it every day, and have designed Makus that way. They're made with some of the best materials in the world, intentionally designed to last for years.
Sizes are available in US Women’s 4 to US Men’s 13 inclusive (EU 35-46), in whole sizes only. Please refer to the chart below to identify your EU size, as we will need your EU Shoe Size during checkout.
Find your perfect size here: https://maku-life.myshopify.com/pages/sizing-table
JOIN THE HUNT
- Maku uses proprietary tech to make sure your sandals can be adjusted to fit your feet, just the way you need it to.
- Maku sandals are designed to last years, not like the flimsy sandals we're used to buying that fall apart after a few months.
- Enjoy up to 20% OFF when you buy your Maku Sandals through Grouphunt!