Grouphunt deal features ONE Cubiio Laser Engraver and ONE accessory pack (SD card + goggles + USB cable)
Honey, I Shrunk the Lasers!
No more assembly instructions to be followed. No more desktops to be occupied. We made it light, tiny, and beautiful. It fits perfectly in every studio, workshop, and your hand! Let me show you how cool this magic cube can be.
What Materials can Cubiio Engrave and Cut?
How to Use Cubiio?
Cubiio is controlled by Cubiio App wirelessly. After receiving your Cubiio, please download Cubiio App from Apple Store or Google Play. Next, follow 4 easy steps:
1. Choose a picture / G-Code file or write something in Cubiio App.
2. Place the item you want to engrave in front of Cubiio.
3. Preview and align. This convenient feature will be described later.
4. Press START and enjoy.
How to produce G-Code? G-code is a common machine language which is converted from vector grahics. We recommend the free open-source software - INKSCAPE, in which you can design vector graphics and generate your own G-Code files. Run the G-Code files on Cubiio like other laser engravers do. More detailed information will be available in Cubiio instructions.
Cubiio also provide two special functions, Preview and Batch, for better user experience.
Cubiio projects a weaken laser spot to the target surface. During previewing, it moves along the planned trajectory or its boundary rectangle. Users can easily adjust the size, position, and the rotation angle. Once making sure, just press ENGRAVE to burn truly. Please see the following (speeded) video clips. You will find our preview function makes alignment super easy.
This feature is specially designed for studios to produce continuously. You can easily repeat or move to the next file. See the following (speeded) video clips, Macaron and Leather Tag.
Undoubtedly, any laser device might be harmful. Your safety is always our first priority. Cubiio has safety measures as below:
- Eye Protection: Goggles are included in every Cubiio package. Always wear goggles while Cubiio is working. Do not look at the laser radiation even with the goggles.
- Password Lock: Password is required before operating every time. Only authorized persons are allowed to use Cubiio.
- Lasering Indication: A bright LED indicates when the laser is energized and operating.
- Motion Detection: A sensitive 3-axis accelerometer is equipped. While accidental movement happens during operating, Cubiio will shut down immediately.
- Overheat Shutdown: Cubiio should work in the environment with sufficient heat dissipation. If the inner temperature approaches to the damaging threshold, Cubiio turns itself off.
- CubiioShield: Safety is priceless. We offer upgraded protection for users who have higher safety standard.
CubiioShield encloses laser inside but keep hands outside. It extracts and filters off the produced fumes, particles, and smell. We recommend to vent the fumes to outdoor space. If you don't have the possibility to do that you will need CubiioShield. If you plan to enjoy the fun of Cubiio with juveniles, you need CubiioShield as well. There’s also a built-in USB socket to power your Cubiio unit. Cubiio and CubiioShield are undergoing the laser certification process of IEC60825-1 and FDA CDRH. We will announce the result once the certification is obtained.
- Weight: 150 gram
- Laser Source: OSRAM semiconductor blue color laser
Lifetime Estimation 10000 hours
- Laser Output: 100 level adjustable
max 800 mW with CubiioShield; max 500 mW w/o CubiioShield
- Routing Speed: 2000 mm/min maximum
- Finishing: anodized aluminum
- Color Option: red, black, dark bronze, gold, and blue
- Screw Mount: 1/4"-20 UNC for standard tripods
- I/O: Micro SD card
- Supported File Format: bmp and G-Code
- App Connection: BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)
- App OS: iOS 10+ / Android 4.4+
- Power Input: micro USB DC 5V, 2A
- Weight: 980 gram
- Inside Area: 130 mm x 130 mm
- Filter: Active Charcoal + Zeolite
- Power Input : AC 85-264V, 47-63Hz
- Power Output: Micro USB DC 5V, 2A
Technology Inside Cubiio
Cubiio consists of a semiconductor laser source and two current-driven mirrors in order to deflect the laser beam along X and Y axes. The embedded CPU translate your sketches into digital commands to tilt mirrors particularly. Then the focused laser spot will be projected to the target surface along the designed trajectory. Aforementioned mechanism is so-called “galvanometer,” which can be further studied in Wikipedia.
Only "galvanometer"? Nothing else? Good question! There is "something" else! Traditional galvanometer laser machines correct image distortion problem by using "f-theta lens," which is very bulky and expensive. We have specially developed an algorithm to compensate distortion successfully. Therefore, we can make Cubiio portable and affordable. Of course, the details of virtual lens algorithm are patented and confidential
Item(s) will come with every Cubiio if goals are reached
$200k: Beginner's Material Pack (BMP) // REACHED !!! YES!!!
BMP includes 30 brown paper sheets and 2 medium density fiberboards. The size is 4" x 4". With BMP, you can get started in minutes.
$500k: Extra Pair of Goggles // REACHED !!! YES!!! YES!!!
An extra pair of goggles lets you share exciting moment with a friend.
$1M: Tripod // Locked
Using Cubiio is as easy as using a camera. A tripod allows Cubiio working toward any orientation.